Re: [Swprograms] Fwd: Be first to hear BBC World Service's new sound

Re: [Swprograms] Fwd: Be first to hear BBC World Service's new sound

I will say this.  At one time, the BBCWS really had a distinctive
"sound" and style.  The minute I tuned them in (and this was on
receivers of old that didn't have the convenience of digital readout;
you had to actually listen for the station) I knew it was the BBC
without the benefit of jingles, IDs, signature tunes, etc.

Over the past half decade or more, even when I tune in the BBCWS on a
digital readout receiver, I have doubts about what I'm listening to
and need to wait a while to confirm that it is the BBC.  So much for
their *branding* efforts over the recent past (at least as far as
this particular "focus group" is concerned).

Of course, on my Sirius and XM receivers, I know it's the BBC because
the display tells me so.

John Figliozzi