Re: [Swprograms] Fwd: Be first to hear BBC World Service's new sound

Re: [Swprograms] Fwd: Be first to hear BBC World Service's new sound

Or the BBC believes that its notion of "relevance" is different than
our notion of "relevance" for it.

Listening, during "Over to You", to the person responsible for
redesigning the website last week - Kelly Shepard - she made it clear
that the BBC believes its audience -- and how that audience "consumes"
the BBC -- has changed dramatically in just four years' time -- the
time the BBC last did a major overhaul of its web presence.

So...the BBCWS that we were PO'd at in 2001 for exiting shortwave to
North America is different from the BBCWS that exists today, as (it
believes) audience needs have changed.

I found it quite amusing, when I filled out the demographic profile
for my participation in the website development effort, that they had
a half-dozen age categories listed that I could select, but only *one*
for "45 and up".  By comparison, I suspect the, uh, demographic
profile of the swprograms group is heavily skewed towards that "45 and
up" slot.

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA