Re: [IRCA] What's the best Receiver and Antenna?

At 16:36 26/11/2006, you wrote:
>Hi  All,
>So Nick, your going to make me work for these answers.  hi.  Thanks for
>posting that resource, I appreciate it.

Ah, but you already have Lee's fine IRCA reprints CD, or the 4th
edition of A DXer's Technical Guide (the article also appeared there)
don't you?  Ahem.  If not, Christmas is coming.

Is your brother in an urban or rural area, and how much space does he
have, both indoors and out?   These have some influence on choices
made also.   A small budget....what's available now...C Crane
CCRadio?  (no antenna necessary; though has external antenna
capability)....what are people's opinions on the small budget radios
of the last few years?    I found the CCRadio rather physically big
for what it does, especially compared with the much older
ICF2010.   (of course, there, he would have to address whether he
wants shortwave also) Particularly if SW is desired,  the Grundig
S350 from Radio Shack would be the best choice, as Patrick Martin and
I found not too much difference on MW between it and the CCRadio when
we were at the Anaheim convention.  And Mike Hawkins hears TPs and
Alaska in California on his....no external antenna, right Mike?

Nick