[IRCA] What's the best Receiver and Antenna?

[IRCA] What's the best Receiver and Antenna?

Hi All,
My brother, who lives in another state want's to know what the best receiver
and antenna is.  I'm presuming he means for the BCB since he used to or
maybe still doe's DX.  I told him in an email a few weeks ago, it depends on
what he is looking for but apparently he forgot about that and would still
like to know what's the best. So, I pose this question to you. In your
opinion, what do you think are the best set-ups for small, medium and large
budgets?
Thanks and 73- Doug
Drake R8B and Kiwa loop