Re: [Swprograms] SW listening habits

Hi, Paul -

Unfortuantely there are very few "trusty trannies" from Auntie pointed
our way here in North America... if you're headed over other seas to
SW or SE Europe, or to South Asia, then shortwave will be more useful.

Here in the USA we have now crossed over 50% of households with
broadband Internet access, and most hotels now offer broadband
Internet access (either wired or wireless) as a basic amenity, though
some high-end hotels charge a daily fee for that access.

Paradoxically, that means when you're in a hotel -- traditionallly an
inhospitable environment for shortwave listening -- you have the "pick
of the world" via broadband Internet access...presuming one travels
with a laptop computer.

The SW 100 is a good little radio...hope you enjoy it!

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA