Re: [Swprograms] BBC World Service coverage of the Wimbledon tennistournament

Re: [Swprograms] BBC World Service coverage of the Wimbledon tennistournament

Me too.  I've enjoyed listening to short-wave programs for more than 40 years.  Sadly, as we realize more and more, there's simply less programming available on short wave (thank goodness for Radio Nederlands and a few other stations).  So, like others I do nearly all my listening via the internet, either using "Replay Radio" to make MP3 recordings, or using the CCrane FM transmitter to reach other rooms in the house.

I miss listening to short wave, especially since the receivers are far better than what I was using way back when.  On the other hand, I'm thankful for access to BBC Radio 4, Radio 3, BBC 7, and especially for the ability to listen on demand to the archived programs.  In that respect, there's far more available than I can possibly listen to.

Ira Holmes

Richard Cuff wrote:
My situation is similar -- with a WiFi network at home, "Replay Radio"
software that can automatically capture audio out of a sound card and
save it as MP3 -- there are manual, freeware tools that do that but
require more manual steps -- and an MP3 player, which can now be had
for $40 or less with enough capacity to be useful -- I have more
diverse listening choices than radio, by itself, can offer.

However, when sitting by a lake somewhere, on a still summer evening,
there's still nothing like a shortwave radio...

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA