[Swprograms] BBC World Service coverage of the Wimbledon tennistournament

[Swprograms] BBC World Service coverage of the Wimbledon tennistournament

I indeed still listen to shortwave, though I have to admit I do need to
use the webcasts of certain stations. With the loss of more programming
over time on the shortwave bands it's sort of an obvious move you have
to make to internet 'radio' or SM/Sirius if you want to stay informed.
Yes we have Radio Netherlands, Radio Austria, et al, but, you also need
to take into account the summer static from lightning- and thats exactly
what just chased me off the ARRL Field day today after 2 hours- its now
a monsoon outside with lightning every few seconds.
I would be curious to know if anyone has totally left the world of
shortwave and tunes only to the webcasts and XM/Sirius. As someone who
is an internet broadcaster myself, I find it interesting how many people
who have no idea about the ability to listen to broadcasts over the web,
and that theres more to the internet than just chatting,  have become
totally disgusted with the offerings on TV and radio and quickly find
such programming totally refreshing.
But now that I have digressed from the original question- I do not think
you can still with the ease of web 'radio' or XM/Sirius find the
mystique (if I may use such a term) or the challenge of tuning in a
station from who knows where; clicking a browser is no challenge:)

These opinions not valid in the Maldive and Gilbert Islands

73s

Bill Bergadano
Ka2EMZ
Chief cook n' bottle washer