Re: [Swprograms] Links for the Lost

On 29/06/05, Richard Cuff <rdcuff@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Aside from the obvious program listening,
> having access to local traffic and weather ahead of time was helpful
> -- we knew what to expect ahead of time, before we were in range of
> local radio stations.

Thanks for the links, Rich.

In the media discussion "up here" about the advent of sat radio, one
of the themes that has come up is the future of commercial radio. Many
pundits seem to think that commercial radio will survive, as it has
something that sat radio doesn't, viz. local content like traffic,
weather, news, etc.

So, either they are not aware of what will actually be broadcast to
us, or the sat radio companies will not include the local stuff with
the stuff that we will (legally) be receiving.

Which do you think it is?

73,
pb