[Swprograms] KCRW

I see that this past Sunday's NY Times Magazine featured a story on
Nic Harcourt, the host of "Morning Becomes Eclectic" at Santa Monica's
KCRW public radio.  Some time ago, I posted something here about the
program, recommending it and Mr. Harcourt highly.  It's nice to see
the mainstream press catching up to we internet denizens, regardless
of the time lag.  <g>

<http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/26/magazine/26HARCOURT.html>

I'll paraphrase what I said then...  fantastic program; excellent host
that serves as an informative, engaging and important guide through
unfamiliar, but most worthy music and artists.

KCRW also is a fine example of a public station with a contemporary,
even edgy, feel.  It blows away the notion of some that all public
radio needs to be classical music or news based and buttoned-up or
stodgy.  More non-comms should emulate it.

<www.kcrw.com>

John Figliozzi
Halfmoon, NY