Re: [IRCA] DRM vs IBOC

Scott,

You are so right. KGO 810 running 50 KW U3 had that issue. When they are
using IBOC at night, it was impossible to get rid of that hash right on
810.00 KHZ. No matter what I do. It is horrible to listen to. I had it
on the R8, SPR4, and even the Super Radio.  I contacted an engineer at
KGO about it and he told me that they were trying to get rid of it. But
the last time I heard KGO on with IBOC several weeks back they still had
that hiss on channel. I don't know during the day in the KGO area if it
still an issue as KGO's signal up here days is not strong enough for
100% quieting as they are most nights. If this is going to be an issue
with directional AM IBOCers, then people will tune out and complain.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager