Re: [IRCA] Wobbler

Gil,

I don't know from personal experience that other networks carry Radio
Reloj at night -- maybe others who've been DXing longer can comment
-- but there have been instances of RR showing up on specific
stations from time to time.  The problem with RR is that it is
everywhere and its distinctive TOM beep and Morse ID make even the
weakest station pop to the top.  A usual station may fade out and a
low power RR suddenly seem to fill its place.  Hard to sort out which
is the original and which the Memorex.

A year later I am still trying to again hear an RR I heard on
1610.  I was surprised and didn't believe my ears, but when I fired
up Spectran, sure enough, there it was.  It was once, for an hour or
so and nothing since then.  That could have been an instance of an
otherwise unhearable station that briefly carried RR and those tones
came through.

Fortunately, many of those Cubans listed in WRTH no longer exist or
operate on low power on the other side of the island and produce
nothing more than the ever growing background noise.  It is the
powerful, even multiple ones plopped down intentionally atop Florida
and other US stations as a form of jamming, that are the worst nuisance.

Unlike you, I have neither first nor second, that's why I listen to Wobblers.

Curt
-------
W. Curt Deegan
Boca Raton, (southeast) Florida