Re: [IRCA] Hawaii

Hi John

I hear the 650 Hawaiian quite often at Grayland, but CISL probably makes it impossible at Orcas. Two others no one has mentioned - I've heard KKNE-940 a few times at Grayland, and it was the only Hawaiian I logged during last year's Queen Charlottes gig. KUMU-1500 also has a clear shot after KSTP fades out - the only QRM would be the Californian and they're not very strong here. Both are relatively low powered but get out better than you'd think. 990 used to be a good bet too but I haven't heard it much lately.

I have to agree on 830. Something happened, either they got weaker or the mainland stations got stronger.

Bruce

John H. Bryant wrote:
Patrick and Kaz,

Thanks for the tips on Hawaiians! It used to be so easy just to sit on 830.... wait until Mr. Sun killed WCCO about 90 minutes before Dawn Enhancement and there was Hawaii... unless conditions were totally awful. And then along came KNCO in Grass Valley, California. The Albertan was never a problem, but that %#^%@^#% in Grass Valley sure messed up one of my coastal joys!

Thanks again for the help.... and god luck, Dennis!