Sent: Monday, April 07, 2008 9:07 PM
Subject: [NRC-AM] CBA [non] DX test and program timing

I had to look for CBA DX test, as I don`t think I ever heard it here in OK. I monitored only at 0358-0406 UT, being especially attentive for signs of sweeps,
tones or code IDs. As usual, 1070 dominated here by KNX, over rumble of
numerous other staitons. With KNX nulled, more rumble, KFTI Wichita
occasionally surfacing. No CBA. Rien.

I`m surprised that so many, even Canadians, were surprised that CBA programming was // CBE and other EDT zone stations. If you listen to CBC from all zones as I do frequently by webcast (the only way, as only CBW 990 occasionally makes it
here but unreliably) you would know that.

For reasons best known to CBC, on Saturday and Sunday evenings the NT/AT/ET programming is simultaneous. Been that way for years. And so I have noted for
years in the intro and listings on my Monitoring Reminders Calendar
http://www.worldofradio.com/calendar.html
THis means we have only 4 chances instead of 5 to catch each program.

But something has to give when they switch back to AT/NT being one hour ahead of ET programming around or after local midnight, not clear to me exactly when.

As for the no-show, it would be interesting to find out what happened, if
anyone wants to talk about it. I still wonder if timezone confusion had
something to do with it. Arranging it STRICTLY in Universal time could have
avoided that. 73, Glenn Hauser, Enid