Re: [IRCA] Stopping HD Radio

The SDR-IQ receiver with Spectravue software is an excellent tool for
looking at the effects of IBOC. It's also great for recording large
swaths of spectrum for later analysis.

An example screenshot on my blog:

http://dx-nexus.blogspot.com/2007/09/iboc-night-3.html

shows the tell-tale signature of IBOC transmissions - a 5 kHz wide
white band positioned +/- 10 kHz away from the broadcaster. Compare
that screenshot to this example:

http://dx-nexus.blogspot.com/2007/06/look-of-iboc.html

taken three months before nighttime IBOC was authorized, and you can
see the difference in noise levels on that part of the band.

Brett Saylor