Re: [IRCA] Palstar receiver

> The lightning has gone, so I think I'll go sit in the truck for a while to
> see what I can hear.

In among the static crashes was a whole mess of stuff.  Longwave is better
than I get inside, with great audio in FF on 183.  Also something on 153 and
162.  Both Turks and Caicos and the Canadian on 530, depending on which loop
I used.  WHO-1040 had a great signal for a while.  That's less common these
days with the Canadian and NJ stations.  The rest of the dial had a lot of
stuff, and I can see better days ahead without a nearby front.

Up into SW was equally good.  Good reception on 160, 75 and 40m ham bands.
120, 90, 60, 49 and 41m SW had a bunch of stuff.  Heard the Canadian on 6070
which isn't common at night.  Most days it's there, but at night it's
buried.  CHU on 3330 and 7335 was solid at S9+10 to S9+20.

I think I have a good step up.  Considering most of my dial time is also
behind the steering wheel, this is a good thing..

Craig Healy
Providence, RI