Re: [IRCA] KNBR

KNBC was the call when I started dxing around 1948-49.  They were easy to hear in Iowa at that time as were most of the 5 to 50 kw west coasters.  I remember when KFRC was a member of the Don
Lee Network.  Believe they ran Mutual Broadcasting System at the time.  Don Lee worked up and down the coast.  I used to catch scads of California graveyarders on frequency checks but remember
hearing KSAN-1450-San Francisco on regular schedule and a few others as well.  Probably my best was CHUB-1570-Nanaimo B.C. with 250 watts heard while XERF was blasting away with their 250 kw.
I was using a Zenith tablemodel at the time with no directional antenna.  KBMX-1470-Coalinga heard on opening equipment tests also, using 500 watts.  Enuf already.

Don

OMAIN.HIDDEN">dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: dx-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

  • Täälläpä onkin aamulla 09 - 1030 sähköt poikki - läppärin akku ja antennivahvistin paristolla (!!!) .... lupaava aamu tulossa!

    JNU