Re: [IRCA] KNBR

>> KNBC was the call when I started dxing around 1948-49.  They were easy to
>> hear in Iowa at that >> time as were most of the 5 to 50 kw west
>> coasters.

Hi Don and group-
I do remember when it was KNBC, in 1957. They were, very often,  into
Dallas, TX in the early morning hours around 0500.

I also have a QSL from KNBR dated in 1967. I was in the navy, stationed in
Charleston, SC and my wife and I lived on Sullivan Island, SC. I heard them
at 0300 during a rain storm. The rig was the same on both receptions. A
Lafayette radio KT-200 and a long wire about 20 feet off the ground.
The receiver was given to me for Christmas 1957. I still have that radio,
though it doesn't play any more.

It seemed so easy to hear good DX back then. Wish those days would return.

I can also remember when channel 4 in Los Angeles was KNBC-TV and channel 4
in New York City was WNBC-TV and 660 in New York City was WNBC radio with
Monitor program on the weekends.

Boy I feel old!

73's

Willis