Re: [IRCA] KNBR

Bill,

  They changed in 1962.  If you were older, you might have had a chance at KPO.

  Mike Hawkins

DXERak@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 11/2/2007 4:05:13 PM Central Daylight Time,
mwdxer@xxxxxxxxx writes:

>> I was talking with Dave Williams and when he started listening to the
radio back in the 40s & 50s, he said KNBR was KNBC in those days. By the
60s, I guess they were KNBR when I heard them first about 1962. <<

I just looked it up in my old log. The first time I heard KNBC (and it was
KNBC then) was during Christmas break, December 1961. That was from Madison,
and I would have been a junior in high school then (a skinny kid with lots of
hair).
73 Bill Dvorak Madison WI