Re: [IRCA] High Power electrical towers (OT)

Stephen Hawkins wrote:
>  There are cell sites in places you would never think of.
> In Lincoln Neb. a cell company had rented a room on the top floor of a
> Holiday Inn, on a "forever" basis, and installed a cell site in it.

I heard a story of one wireless operator that rented an apartment in a
high rise building and used it for a cell site.  One of the neighbors
became suspicious of people coming and going at all hours of the day and
night and called the cops.  They apparently thought someone had set up a
drug lab in the apartment.
> There are companies that make cell antennas that look like trees, or parts of
> buildings, or just about anything you can think of.

In Arizona, there are cell towers disguised as catuses.
> However driving across a field full of hood high weeds, in the middle of the
> night, miles and miles from civilization,  praying that there is not a ditch,
> or abandoned farm equipment, or Lord knows what hidden in the weeds, trying
> to find an unlit tower, in the pitch dark,  at 0200 is at
> best,an......hmm....adventure.
>
> You do get to see a lot of wildlife.

I've also heard heard stories about cell sites in not-so-nice
neighborhoods in large cities.  In that case, the technicians get to see
a lot of wild life, instead of wildlife at 0200.

Bruce