Re: [IRCA] High Power electrical towers (OT)

Re: [IRCA] High Power electrical towers (OT)

Dennis,

On Sunday 22 April 2007 19:16, vroomski@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> While driving around East Vancouver today,  I noticed a high power
> electrical right of way than ran along the street that I was driving on. On
> top of one of the many towers was a cell phone antenna site.  I have never
> seem a cell site on a high power electrical tower.  Around here the cell
> sites are usually on a separate tower.  Sometimes on a tower with other
> types of high frequency antennas or on a tall building.  Saw one cell site
> on a church steeple..  Has anyone else notice a cell antenna on a high
> power tower?

Two years ago I spent a entire summer contracting to upgrade a BUNCH of cell
sites in Nebraska, South Dakota, and Florida, to double the number of calls
they could handle.  There are cell sites in places you would never think of.
In Lincoln Neb. a cell company had rented a room on the top floor of a
Holiday Inn, on a "forever" basis, and installed a cell site in it.

There are companies that make cell antennas that look like trees, or parts of
buildings, or just about anything you can think of.

However driving across a field full of hood high weeds, in the middle of the
night, miles and miles from civilization,  praying that there is not a ditch,
or abandoned farm equipment, or Lord knows what hidden in the weeds, trying
to find an unlit tower, in the pitch dark,  at 0200 is at
best,an......hmm....adventure.

You do get to see a lot of wildlife.

Steve
--