[IRCA] KIRO'S OFF AIR SCENARIO

Bruce,

I sent a thank you note to John and enclosed a CD of KFIA, KSPN and
the clicking sound. Also, I didn't detect any apparent KIRO carrier
while I was listening to these two stations, so I asked him how much
power he might have been running (I mean there must have been
something on the air). One of the really tough mixing products, and
wishfully the one he was talking about, is on 830. Alas, I just
checked it and the KIRO image is still there. This has all the
characteristics of a transmitted signal and really does a job on the
channel unless northern conditions are exceptional, at which time
CKKY does rise above it. KIRO mixes with KTTH. 650 is useless days
but is OK at night; the 830 image prevails at night. I haven't heard
back from him so if you speak to him, you might inquire about 830.

If he used to work at KGY, he probably is sensitive to that station's
mandatory tower move as dictated by the Port of Olympia.

Pete Taylor
Tacoma, WA
12225w 4719n
ICF2010 + Kiwa air core loop