Re: [IRCA] KSPN VERIE

Pete,

Great going! Mike has QSL'd me a few times under different calls
including KSPN a few years back. He is one great guy!!! It seems to
amaze them when someone hears KSPN up this way.
I remember listening to the old KMPC with their live adult standards
back in the 80s on many of our trips to LA. We were on our way back from
LA, driving up I-5. We left in the morning and had KMPC coming in rather
nicely all day. In was nearing LSS and we were up near Fresno and all of
a sudden, the signal dropped off the dial. I mean it dropped. Not one
sign of it was left, just a jumble of a couple very weak signals hardly
audiable and I could not even tell if one was KMPC. I thought to myself,
Wow what a tight pattern! I hear KSPN on the North coast at times during
AU cx, but that is the only time unless KIRO is off which is rare. KFIA
is common at LSS. Infact I heard it the other afternoon on top of KIRO.
Again. Great going!!!

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin