Re: [IRCA] KSPN VERIE

Further info on that KIRO silent period: John Price (the KIRO v/s) told
me today that KIRO had gone off that night to install a filter to deal
with one of the mixing products that KIRO was creating with one of the
other 50 kw transmitters on Vashon Island.  They also tweaked the common
point on the antenna system.  He mentioned that the ticking sound some
of us heard happened when they did a sweep test (which involves sending
low powered r.f. pulses into the antenna and measuring how much comes
back).  This was KIRO's first silent period in ten years.

John also said he has been enjoying Scott Fybush's ongoing website
articles about his trip through the northwest, especially the parts
about the Portland and Tacoma/Olympia stations (John was KGY's CE in the
1970's).  I thought you might appreciate the feedback, Scott...

Bruce