Re: [IRCA] KSL-1160 or KOA-850, anyone?

> Has anyone out here in the East DXed KOA-850 or KSL-1160 recently?

Yes, Chucky, I have logged both here from the Smokey Mountains area of Polk
county Tennessee. KOA is somewhat of a semi-regular and back in November I
had KSL on 4 different occasions.

If the nut in Gainesville, FL on 850 would go to their night power and
pattern, as they should, I could hear KOA more often.

Another station I wish would go off the air is Cuba on 640. They have ruined
DX to the west.

In fact, I wish the power in Cuba would go off for about 30 days and give me
a chance to log something to the west, on any frequency from 540 to 700.
Or second choice would be to have a large aurora type event take place over
Cuba. That would soak up all the RF from there, and let me hear to the west.
(Yes, I know that won't ever happen).

Willis
Old Fort, TN