[IRCA] 930, 970 and last night round-up

I reported 930, 970 Buffalo as ossibly off last night.
Well they sure weren't happening last night, DX-wise,
but I noticed them towards dawn, at first very faint
then clearer and more dominant. I chalk it down to
conditions, and no longer believe they were ever off
the air. Just way underneath other stuff, which is
unusual for both. 550 WGR seemed relatively unaffected
and WWKB 1520 was dominant on its channel. Stations
like CHML 900 Hamilton and 1250 Oakville, which are
relatively close-by, were also dominant. So go figure.

930 was dominated by WIZR Johnstown N, which should
run 28 watts, followed by the Cuban Wobbler, which
eally was a pain in the butt. Third lace goes to WLLL
... who else would play black gospel? And loop south
at hat! They are listed at about 40-something watts at
night, but Bill Harms in MD was hearing them, too, and
Lynchburg is in the west part of VA. here was a very
weak Coast to Coast in fourth place, and I can't
remember if WBEN carries that or not. Regardless, in
hours of listening I could not pull out a WBN ID.

970 was mostly WREO Ashtabula, with a Coast station
also in there. Didn't spend as much time there, but no
BBC or NPR programming noted at all, which is what
WNED carries (BBC overnights).

Never was able to ID some VERY WEAK Latins heard on
700, 720, 1100, 1120. All in all it was not the best
cx for an all-nighter, but I felt lke pulling one and
so that was that.

Sunrise seemed loaded with stuff, but by 6:30 am I was
bagged.

Thanks to all of you who commented on m various unIDs
and logs last night.

Saul Chernos
Burnt River ON

s the morning At Burnt Rver last night