From: "Stewart, Joseph R" <RandyStewart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <am@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, January 06, 2007 11:27 AM
Subject: RE: [NRC-AM] Two strong lwbc signals right now

I neglected to check down on the longwave band last night, but there was
a bit of TA activity on mediumwave for the first time in a couple of
months.  I was getting definite audio (talk by man and some bits of
music) on 684-presumably Spain though I couldn't ID the language.  There
seemed to be time pips at the top of the hour (11pm Central, 0500 UTC).
It then faded somewhat, but for about 10 minutes it was strong and
steady enough for the sync detector on the little Sony 7600GR to stay
locked.  There were a few hets elsewhere (like 999) but no audio that I
could find.  But at least that's something-signals from across the
Atlantic had been deader than the proverbial hammer around here for
weeks on end.

Randy Stewart

Springfield MO