Re: [IRCA] resistance across matching transformer

Re: [IRCA] resistance across matching transformer

Bill,

I'd also suggest a new toroid core. An arc through the core can change
its magnetic qualities drastically.
I'd also agree with Teflon-insulated hook-up wire, but plastic
insulations is much easier to work with.

I once used a scheme consisting of three protective NE-31 neon bulbs
for a ground-isolation toroid: one across the primary, one across the
secondary, and one between the isolated grounds. Only about 15 minutes
after completion of the scheme, a
quick NC thunderstorm blew through Grifton. After reconnecting the
receiver, I noted the signals had gone "psfsssk." A quick
check showed one bulb shattered, and the other two had one electrode
each melted!

Keep trying: you'll get it.

73 de Charlie

Charles A Taylor, WD4INP