Re: [IRCA] QSLing

Hi Martin,

I agree 100%. However, the "Powers that be" the rule makers so to speak.
What are their rules? Or do we have any these days? I know back in the
60s & 70s, QSLs came under alot of "do's and don'ts". What is accepted
and what isn't. There were those "full detail" QSLers that started that
unless the QSL had full details, it would not be counted. The rules were
set up that you could not DX any farther than 35 miles from your QTH and
still count the catch. Many other such rules used to be around. I never
hear of any of those rules today. Another were  the country lists. Each
club had a different list of "DX Countries". Of course a ARRL has a
totally different set up on counting countries. Like you, I count any
QSL, be it from the janitor. hi. I don't think I have any janitors that
QSL'd me though. But with the note from the DXer, I was wondering what
others thought about it. It is nice to have your feedback. Your feelings
are the same as mine. As you stated, QSLing today is much different.
Even 27 years ago when I returned to the coast, QSLs were much easier to
get. PPC's were not all that common. Even in the 80s it was great. Into
the 90s, still not bad. But into this century, things started to change.
As you said, you have to work hard to get that QSL today.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager