[IRCA] NRC List?

> What NRC List?  They shut that down months ago, didn't they?  Too many
> people with opinions I heard.  Probably can get those messages for a few
> bucks though, I would guess.
>
> About time they followed through on their threats.  I was beginning to
> think they weren't reliable.

I will make one comment only.

If they have vanished, it's truly sad.  The arrogance shown over that whole
situation last year was totally uncalled for.  Developing something that
nobody asked for or wanted, then threatening to remove the one thing that
people did want was staggeringly poor management.

The last time I looked, the e-dxn had under 600 messages since Day One.
That's what this list gets on a good week.  I ran a list for a year or two
on my site and it simply never took off.  Too hard to navigate, too hard to
parse everything out.  I told them that, and the teacher in the group
treated me like one of his 12-year old students.  Ptui!

Further, if you remove all the posts on that forum posted by the people who
run the place, there isn't much left.

I am *really* sad that a group to which I have belonged deteriorated into a
morass of bickering goo.  I am **really** glad that IRCA was here to fill
the void.

I would strongly suggest two things for the NRC.

1.  If they do intend to keep that turkey of a site going, move it to a host
that has the resources to keep it running.  I use pair.com for many of my
commercial web pages.  For ten bucks a month, it would probably do whatever
they need.

2.  A mandatory group Dale Carnegie course for the lot of them.  They need
it badly.

Since I am no longer an NRC member - after close to 30 years - what they do
doesn't affect me.  If they ever have revamp of management, I would be happy
to rejoin.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI