Re: [IRCA] TA's Last Night

In a message dated 1/27/06 9:13:42 AM Central Standard Time,
jdstephens_99@xxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I was intrigued by all the TA loggings from Central
 and Eastern Europe posted last night.  I noticed that
 the A index was 24 and K was 2.  I thought with such
 conditions, that TA propagation would be fairly
 nonexistent.  Obviously, I was wrong on that.

 Can anybody send me a good explanation (in layman's
 terms) of how such as a high A index can favorably
 effect TA reception conditions?  Sending replies to me
 off-list would probably be good for this discussion.

 Thanx and 73, >>

I'm far from an expert, but you can have propagation skewed to a more
southerly path that avoids the auroral circle. This is noted frequently on HF so I
can imagine MW can have this as well.

John K9RZZ
Milwaukee