Re: [IRCA] Wobbler 1100, again.

> The Wobbler on 1100 Radio Caden Habana, Havana, Cuba, has been active
all
> afternoon, stronger during that time then past days.  It will likely
be
> appearing for a repeat performance across America again this evening.
>

> Curt
> -------
> W. Curt Deegan
> Boca Raton, (southeast) FL

Indeed I just got home, driving in from Tampa metro.
Listened to the wobbler on 1100 from 2320 to 2335 est.
Unlike a couple of days ago, at tune-in tonight, the Cuban
on 1100 was totally missing with just a smudgy het
on the freq, a trace of WTAM behind it. On 1120, KMOX
was somewhat better than usual with nothing behind it, and
on 1080 the usual Cuban pgm in a mix of signals one
of which was probabaly KRLD. So the Cuban signals
were somewhat worse tonight that they were a day or two
ago.

Despite that, the 1100 wobbler was clearer and stronger
here in Tampa than I have heard in a while. It was steady
and strong during the entire 15 minutes, during which the
1100 Cuban went from totally inaudible, up to a reasonable
level, in a slow gradual fade-up. The wobbler was present
when there was no sign of any radio programming, from
any station, also being audible.

Also notable was the wobbler's periodicity (number of freq
swings/sec) was all over the place, and the deviation
was somewhat wider, ranging over several kHz of audio
swing (pitch) in a random pattern, than recently.

IF tonight's logging was the sum total of all my evidence,
I would THEN have to say that there would be no way that the
wobbler was linked to the 1100 Cuban xmtr. If it were, then
why the fade patterns were so extremely different for an
identical freq and path, would be unexplainable to me.

But it is not outside possibility that this effect, being heard
on known Cuban frequencies, has been _placed_ on those
frequencies, as distinct from _appearing_ on those frequencies.

I know there is a great deal of thought that links this thing
to Cuban stations and I am not discounting that, however
this apparent non-correlation of fade behavior is hard
for me to understand. Listening was done on my Delco
radio while driving. I can hear it inside on a RS portable
but it's noisy enough indoors to mask some of the detail.

When we move out of here it will be better.

I hope others can note whether fading of the wobbler does
or does not track fading of the audible radio signal that
appears to be linked to it. The little I have observed is
not indicative of very much.

- Bob          sent 0012 est 27 jan