Re: [IRCA] DC Operation of General Coverage Receivers

Re: [IRCA] DC Operation of General Coverage Receivers

Patrick and Charles,
I was thinking of using a car battery or two- or what ever makes it
practical.  The possible location or any location on the property for that
matter, would be accessible to a long extension cord and batter charger- so
that wouldn't be an issue.  The lot I'm stuck with for now is 1/2 acre with
QRN sources generally in all directions. My line noise seems to be a large
drawback, so that's why I'm considering an outside location.  My primary
antenna is the Kiwa loop, which I'm hooked on, hi. but I'll have good access
to my 80' random wire and be in perhaps a better situation to locate a EWE
set-up. I like Dennis V.'s single, portable EWE arrangement.  Hmmm.
Thanks for your comments and 73- Doug