Re: [IRCA] WABC

Pat,

You remind me of my (much) younger days as a teen in Iowa in the early 50s.  I'd get out of bed and go down to my dx den in the basement.  The temperature was cold-cold-cold (mid winter) and
I'd be pretty bundled up.  Just before TOH 4am CST I'd start tuning up and down the band.  There would be dozens of National Anthems & a few Dixies, as almost all the stations at that time
would sign on the air patriotically as they were so inclined.  It would be my object to determine which anthem was almost over and quickly catch as many sign on's as I could.  Most stations
would give 5 minutes of local news to start the day off so that helped too.  Some of my favorites that pop into my mind now were WGAP-1490-Maryville TN & WJMX-1270-Mullins-Marion SC.  I had a
good pipeline into the southeast from Virginia down thru northern Florida.  Not as much to the northeast.  Good ole days, they were indeed.

don k.