Re: [IRCA] Eastern Power out West- WABC etc

Re: [IRCA] Eastern Power out West- WABC etc

Hi Guys,
Mike, I never did get 1680 WTIR- Winter Garden or the one on 1700. I really
should have, but I can't remember why, hi.  When I lived down south, from
your list, I had only WGBS,WBZ and WLAC I believe. Perhaps some others.

Patrick, I wouldn't mind WCBS 880, but I'll have to wait for -at least- for
KWIP's SS to have some down time. The only others on 880 to the East, to
contend with would be KRVN and maybe CHQT.  I don't know what my chances are
on 1030. KDUN put's out pretty good here. KTWO doesn't seem all that great
here the last few years.  WGY seems like a possiblitity since it's just
mainly KGO (to the south) that QRM's plus a few lower power stations. I
caught WHAM with KOFI on recently.  Another one I forgot to list is 1160
WYLL that Dave caught a few days ago....1160 no less!  Is there anything
behind KOA on 850?

Nick, I'll have to look up WHK.  Salem, OR.'s KCCS plays a little havoc, but
it's to the north. I've got the Mexico city one on 1220, but haven't heard
it for a few years. So technically, to the east, I should have it wide
open....so I understand what you saying.  I would think that with most of my
regional channels being in a N/S direction, that I would have decent shots
to the East- or West for that matter, but it seems like that usually isn't
the case- at least for me.

Thanks all.  I know I made some comments about my own local situation in
reference to your suggestions (hopefully not to be construed as negative).
The main thing I suppose I'm looking for are current possibilities
irrevelant of my local situation.  I do have some frequencies that I should
eventually get past like: 640, 680, 810, 1160, 1530 etc. I have a cuban,
mexican and montanan on 640, but there should be more to the east.
73- Doug