Re: [IRCA] Sync Detection Question

Quoting "J.D. Stephens" <jdstephens_99@xxxxxxxxx>:

> I have noticed during my recent chase for
> Trans-Atlantic Mediumwave stations, that when I use
> the Synchronous Detector on my Drake R-8, instead of
> enhancing the intelligibility of the transmissions, it
> has the opposite effect.

I'm not sure that the R8's synchronous detector is of any use at all in DXing
situations; does anybody have experience to the contrary?  And if R8A and B
owners could check in with their opinions, as I seem to recall that one of the
versions upgraded the sync detector in some way?  (Can't get to my notes as I'm
on my lunch break at work)

Certainly, not nearly as effective as the selectable sideband sync of the ICF-2010.

best wishes,

Nick