Re: [IRCA] WTOP change

John:

I think that you are putting your finger on something that a lot of
people are failing to recognize and that is the service provided by
stations outside of their so-called primary service area.  It used to
be a big deal in the past for certain stations to establish an
audience at night beyond their local coverage area.  I have to wonder
why station owners are ignoring it now.  If they really don't want to
serve people outside of their local coverage area why bother with
high power and with directional antenna systems?  In the case of WTOP
wouldn't a simple ND 10 kw day and suffice?  That would eliminate
interference to stations like WFIF and allow them to operate at night
too.

Bill Harms