Re: [IRCA] WTOP change

> This is interesting given that the station is owned by Bonneville,
> which is in turned owned by the LDS (Mormon) Church and that the
> church tries to steer away from partisan politics.  They will take up
> political issues however. Is this going to be accompanied by an
> ownership change.  From where did you get this information.

The info came from a news mailing I get twice a day.  It has been reliable
in the past.  The WaPo is in the same league as the New York Times when it
comes to political persuasion, quite liberal and left-wing.  So, if they are
to provide content on 1500, it stands to reason that it will likewise be of
the same slant.

I do not know if any stations will change hands, nor the fate of the 820
station.  It was a brief blurb and I delete after reading.

I suppose we will just have to wait and see.  I did hear them heavily
promoting the move to 103.5 today.

I used to like to listen to 1500 for news, just as I listen to 880 and 1030.
If the WaPo content is as I suspect, I probably won't find it of interest.
Too bad, really.  I don't particularly enjoy the far right either.  I'm a
centrist kind of guy.

And I'm going to quit speaking about political stuff right this second.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI