Re: [IRCA] propagation monitoring

At 00:28 18/09/2005, you wrote:

>What technique are you using to monitor propagation?
>
>An audio spectrum display centered on the channel graphing carriers and
>saving screenshots? Or something else?

The system was originally described in DX Monitor's technical column about
7 or 8 years ago, is available as one of  Lee Freshwater's fine CD of  IRCA
reprints, but a quick peek can be found at
http://www3.telus.net/7dxr/333/333descr.html   It is capable of monitoring
over 100 channels at a time, though the sample rate slips somewhat with
many channels.  I'm presently just looking at 612 and 1548 (representative
DU channels)  594 and 1566 (representative Asiatic channels) and 1314 in
case the big Norwegian ever shows its nose above the splatter

Although the DR333 is still in use, my present monitoring system uses
a  modified NRD525 to do the heavy lifting.

best wishes,

Nick