Re: [IRCA] Antenna experiment

> >I Googled up the Wellbrook, and you're right.  It may be the same sort of
> >thing.  The toroid coupler was nothing to build.  At ten feet per side
it's
> >a lot bigger than the Wellbrook, and harder to mount.  Nothing says it
has
> >to be built that big.  One half the size may work nearly as well.  I may
> >build a small one to test.  It's certainly easy enough.
>
> One difference: the Wellbrook does use a balanced preamp with very good
> signal handling capability.

If my tests last night are any indication, a preamp would be too much with
this thing.  I'll see how well is speaks to the Drake R8B later this
morning.  I'll also see if I can get some good pictures of the copper and
toroid setup.

If a preamp is needed, this one comes well recommended:

http://www.dxengineering.com/Parts.asp?ID=210&PLID=107&SecID=32&DeptID=12&PartNo=DXE-RPA-1

Watch the wrap on the URL..

Craig Healy
Providence, RI