Re: [Swprograms] [Internetradio] RNW Programs Survive Beyond Station Closure

Re: [Swprograms] [Internetradio] RNW Programs Survive Beyond Station Closure

> In Jonathan Marks' interview with Jonathan Groubert, Groubert
> mentioned that, for now, TSWI is continuing, but its long-term future
> wasn't certain.  Looks like the last edition of Earthbeat will be July
> 27th.

	TSWI made the same announcement on WRN as carried
	by CBC Overnight.

	What will CBC Overnight do now?  I'd like them to
	increase RNZI, RA, R.Prague (the latter probable as
	that is what WRN is doing with their RNW gaps)
	RCI Gone, RNW gone, so they fill with BBC fluff, and
	yes, the BBC produces fluff too.

	Jonathan Marks put up a lot of photos and some audio
	links and mixes on his Critical Distance website

	http://www.criticaldistance.blogspot.ca/2012/06/radio-netherlands-signoff.html

  a few excerpts and links below.  See above for page.

	"I thought they might video the event, but
	apparently the public relations
	department didn't think it was worth it.
	Oh well. There are photos on Flickr instead"
	http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonathanmarks/7469431460/in/photostream/

	"Just got back from watching the very last
	hour of broadcasting in English from
	Radio Netherlands Worldwide, Holland's
	external broadcasting service which
	signed off today on shortwave, satellite,
	and the live audio webstream. Holland has
	no external broadcasting service as from
	July 1st 2012. International broadcasting
	is being taken out of the public mandate,
	made to create international and national
	public broadcasting."

	"Dheera Sujan presented this final show,
	which was a farewell and thank you to
	listeners worldwide. Grabbed a copy from
	the Dalet machine as it was playing out
	and put it here."
	[here: http://jonathanmarks.libsyn.com/webpage/radio-netherlands-farewell-broadcast-june-29th-2012 ]

	"Also thought it might be nice to do a
	couple of interviews and run an audio
	recorder in the booth while the sign-off
	happened. So I did. UPDATE: Kai Ludwig in
	Germany sent me a capture from the
	satellite on Saturday so I mixed that in
	too. The results are posted on the Media
	Network vintage site here."
	[ here : http://jonathanmarks.libsyn.com/webpage/radio-netherlands-last-minute-interviews-20-21-utc-june-29th-2012  ]