[Swprograms] Calendar of mostly SW Specials, July 6 update

[Swprograms] Calendar of mostly SW Specials, July 6 update

CALENDAR OF mostly SW SPECIALS
Dates, days and times are strictly UT

Note: expired info has been moved to the bottom of this page on our website for anyone who may need to refer to it. I have not attempted to follow-up everything mentioned, but this has been done in DXLD, the DXLDyg and/or my log reports.

UPDATE SUMMARY since last edition:

AWR continues via Sri Lanka past June 30, until??? Radio Northern Star, Norway, tests via Sweden July 6-7. Night of Nights July 13 from KPH et al. in California on CW. Ham net from Australian Radio DX Club from July 15.

SUNDAY JULY 1+

UPDATE: The AWR via SL relays have continued past June 30, unknown how much longer.

Just a timely reminder that the original schedule for the AWR relay from Trincomalee in Sri Lanka showed that these broadcasts would end on June 30. A special QSL card is available, and also a rare (these days) QSL stamp. Available only from the AWR address in Indianapolis.

Scheduling from the Trincomalee Relay Station, 125 kW

0000 - 0100 11955, 1100 - 1200 15540, 1200 - 1300 15490, 1300 - 1400 17635, 1400 - 1500 12105, 1500 - 1530 15715, 1530 - 1600 7410, 1600 - 1630 11835, 1630 - 1700 11740 ENGLISH, 2100 - 2200 11750, 2200 - 2230 9455 9545, 2230 - 2400 9730 ENGLISH (Dr. Adrian M. Peterson, Co-ordinator - International Relations & DX Editor, Adventist World Radio)

He didn`t include the languages, but only two are in English which I have added, per WRTH Update (gh)

FRIDAY JULY 6

0330 Friday until 0600 UT Saturday: Radio Nord Revival in Sweden will be relaying the programmes of Radio Northern Star in a long test transmission on Shortwave 5895 kHz (reserve frequency 6065 kHz) with a power of 10 kW. This test will last until Saturday morning July 7th at at 0600. We welcome written reception reports to Radio Northern Star, Box 100, N5331 RONG, NORWAY. Email may also be used: 1000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

For listeners outside Scandinavia we would also like recordings of the transmission, but please do not send large files as attachments to emails. If you want to send large files, send them on a CD to the address above. Be sure to include return postage if you'd like regular mail replies. Correct reports will be answered by QSL letter.

Radio Northern Star is an independent commercial radio station broadcasting on the web and available broadcasting platforms, says Svenn Martinsen. Our website may be found here: http://www.northernstar.no/

2100 until 2100 UT July 7, Scandinavian Weekend Radio monthly broadcast confirmed; see June 22. Still not on 25m

FRIDAY JULY 6-SATURDAY JULY 7

PIRATE RADIO NIGHT

http://swldxbulgaria.blogspot.com/2012/06/pirate-radio-night.html

I'm planning to organize such event on 6th and 7th of July. I would like to invite every pirate broadcaster to take part. It would be great if many stations are on air. Here I will publish the list of the stations, I hope at least 20 stations from Western and Central Europe will take part (Georgi Bancov, Bulgaria blog, via Gary Drew, dxldyg)

Lots of stations have signed up as of early July 6, but none above 7630 kHz, so reception beyond Europe will be difficult.

THURSDAY JULY 12

The last broadcast from Bush House will be 12 July. Many BBCWS language services are already originating their programs from New Broadcasting House (Kim Andrew Elliott) I suppose without inside info it will not be possible to tell which are which (gh)

UPDATE: The last BBC broadcast from Bush House will be the 1100 GMT WS news in English on Thursday 12 July (Chris Greenway)

SW frequencies at 1100: 6190, 6195, 9740, 11760, 12095, 15285, 15310, 15400, 15575, 17640, 17760, 17790, 17830, 21470 (BDXC Broadcasts in English)

THURSDAY JULY 12-SUNDAY JULY 15

R. Hami, Finland, low-power special on 6170, 1584, 94.7. Details:

http://radiohami.fi/

FRIDAY JULY 13

NIGHT OF NIGHTS XIII
>From 0001 UT, The Maritime Radio Historical Society with revival of CW Coastal stations KPH, KSM, KFS, also ham activity as K6KPH. Also open house at Bolinas, California from 2000 UT July 12. See http://www.radiomarine.org

BBC Radio 3 Prom Concert season starts, until September 8

http://www.bbc.co.uk/proms

SUNDAY JULY 15

0930 UT starting this week: USTRALIA. AMATEUR NET --- We got more amateurs in this club; well, why not an amateur net? Say (now this is me, 7140 0930 on Sundays starting 15th July 0930 UT on 7140 kHz. Howzat?!!!! Say hello and also give your ARDXC membership number)! I want to hear this as a shortwave listener! (Johno Wright, July Australian DX News via DXLD)

This calendar will be updated and reissued as needed

Latest edition: http://www.w4uvh.net/calendar.html
WORLD OF RADIO: http://www.worldofradio.com
DX LISTENING DIGEST: http://www.worldofradio.com/dxldmid.html
(Glenn Hauser, 0255 UT July 6, DX LISTENING DIGEST)