From: swprograms-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:swprograms-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Richard Cuff
Sent: Saturday, January 02, 2010 6:48 PM
To: Shortwave programming discussion
Subject: Re: [Swprograms] Matinee Idle

It's interesting how our expectations have changed over the years.
Back in the day, one knew that Australia and New Zealand radio
offerings were substantially altered during the mid-December to
mid-January period (Roger Broadbent called this period the "silly
season" a while back), but there was no online reference that advised
what was on as a summer replacement.

Now we expect stations' websites to be kept consistently up to date
during special seasons or when special program timings occur.

Just a musing as I contemplate 2010...

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA

On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 6:17 PM, Glenn Hauser <wghauser@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> That figures: you will not find any sign of Matinee Idle on the current
RNZI program grid at http://www.rnzi.com/pages/schedules.php nor any single
program it replaces, including ``Radio National``, which merely means
relaying whatever is on the domestic network, but instead if on from 2335 to
0300 replaces lots of different stuff including RNZI produxions.

shown above.