[Swprograms] Fwd: [ODXA] Matinee Idle

>From Monitoring Times' resident programming guru, Fred Waterer, via
the ODXA group.

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Fred Waterer <programming_matters@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 2:38 PM
Subject: [ODXA] Matinee Idle
To: dxld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, odxa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It's summer in the Southern Hemisphere, ABC in Australia and Radio New
Zealand National have many summer shows running.

Perhaps my favourite of these is Matinee Idle. It appeals to my
twisted sense of humour.

"Phil O'Brien and Simon Morris present an afternoon of music and
entertainment, including a Classic Concert.

"'Matinee Idle is Radio New Zealand's Mufti Day. They let me and Simon
"loose in the asylum". We get to be the guys testing the outer limits
of listener patience and we benignly abuse this privilege.' says
O'Brien. 'They let us play whatever we want! It's every radio
presenter's dream.'"

http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/programmes/matineeidle

Here in North America the program, because of the time difference can
be heard at 6:35 pm EST or 2335 UTC, the day before, since NZ is 18
hrs ahead of us. Sunday to Thursday nights here in North America.

Where else can you hear Hooked on Yodelling and Harlem Shuffle in the
same program?

Also note that Matinee Idle is followed by a "Classic Concert" at 10pm
EST, 0300 UTC. These are top notch productions. I stumbled onto
Matinee Idle a couple years ago while anticipating a particularly
amazing Louis Armstrong concert.

Fred Waterer

To those of you who seek lost objects of history, I wish you the best
of luck. They're out there, and they're whispering. - Clive Cussler

http://www.doghousecharlie.com

<*> Your email settings:
   Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
   (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
   odxa-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   odxa-fullfeatured@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

   http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

--
Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA

International broadcasting / shortwave blog:
http://www.intlradio.blogspot.com