Re: [Swprograms] Worldspace files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy

Re: [Swprograms] Worldspace files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy

I concur with you, John.  Some of this was expected but they are in a desperate
situation.  Even if, by some miracle, they become significantly profitable, the
debt situation and the nearly worthless stock mean they can only survive with
either a huge cash infusion by some knight in "green" armor or by going the
bankruptcy route and hoping to buy time.

Sadly the huge money paid to talent plus the debt incurred by building and
launching satellites meant they had a short window to become profitable.  With
the current bank situation they have seen that window begin to slam shut.

So, if you have a few tens of millions (and that will be all it will take) you
will be able to do what the current owners of Iridium did... buy the SiriusXM
company in bankruptcy for a song and then make it profitable.  Worldspace will
come even cheaper.

--
-Rob de Santos