Re: [Swprograms] Worldspace files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy

Re: [Swprograms] Worldspace files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy

Some of this was to be expected. There is no need for redundant "decades" music channels (i.e.: 50s, 60s, 70s, etc.) on each service, for example. Eliminating redundant services frees up bandwidth for other stuff or just improved performance on remaining channels. Or not.

The reverse stock split has to happen. Of course, at the same time they're going to ask stockholders to approve the sale of new stock to help cover the debt already incurred. Can't see how those two things work together, but maybe I don't understand basic economics as well as I think I do.

Part of me thinks that Karmarzin has been pulling off a gigantic scam in broad daylight. The absolutely ridiculous sums paid for talent has allowed those thus paid to run off with a lot of stockholder money that will never come back. Of course, since I'm a subscriber as well as an investor (small time, but an investor nonetheless) I am an enabler.

The idea had great promise. But instead of finding new people with new ideas, the services turned to refugees from "traditional" radio to run things. Maybe when all is said and done that will be the reason this experiment ultimately fails and flames out.

John Figliozzi