Re: [Swprograms] More info on RCI changes

Re: [Swprograms] More info on RCI changes

> I was thinking about YLE and RS.  I discounted those two because I
> don't believe either produce programming in their native languages
> specifically targeting an immigrant audience -- although both services
> do (did?) relay their international services domestically.
>
> This is different -- it's (apparently) an English-language "Welcome to
> Canada" service...
>
> Perhaps, as Glenn posits, that this was a "package deal", or perhaps
> there is separate CBC funding and it was decided that RCI's more
> global view made it the appropriate producing organization.
>
> We'll see as the month rolls along...no change to the website as of today...
> Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA

	It's "Columbus Day" in Canada, everyone is on holiday.
	See http://www.rcinet.ca/rci/en/emissions/emission_1413.shtml
	".... It's the holiday we're celebrating today and we'll tell you
   	about the many ways it's celebrated across the country.
   	It's also one of the big differences between us, and the United States...."