Re: [Swprograms] More info on RCI changes

Re: [Swprograms] More info on RCI changes

I was thinking about YLE and RS.  I discounted those two because I
don't believe either produce programming in their native languages
specifically targeting an immigrant audience -- although both services
do (did?) relay their international services domestically.

This is different -- it's (apparently) an English-language "Welcome to
Canada" service...

Perhaps, as Glenn posits, that this was a "package deal", or perhaps
there is separate CBC funding and it was decided that RCI's more
global view made it the appropriate producing organization.

We'll see as the month rolls along...no change to the website as of today...

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA