Re: [Swprograms] European MW broadcaster sites

Re: [Swprograms] European MW broadcaster sites

Perhaps the numbers of individual are smaller, but I'd wager the
average field strength in any given location is higher than in the USA
since so many high-powered stations exist.

I took an analog portable radio with me a few years back, and the band
was much "muddier" in the evenings than in the USA, with stations
bleeding over each other in a multilingual, cacaphonous shouting
match.

The US MW band seemed calm by comparison.

As far as websites go for mediumwave stations in the US, my favorite
is the MIT list, now at http://www.radio-locator.com.  You can't
generate a map of field stregths at a given location, but you can
search for stations likely to be audible at a particular place and
individually see each station's transmission contour.

Richard  Cuff / Allentown, PA