Re: [Swprograms] European MW broadcaster sites

Re: [Swprograms] European MW broadcaster sites

Richard Cuff graced hard-core-dx.com with these words of wisdom:

> Perhaps the numbers of individual are smaller, but I'd wager the
> average field strength in any given location is higher than in the USA
> since so many high-powered stations exist.

Why are the MW stations in Europe so high-powered, anyhow?  We here in the
States get along just fine with 50kW; some of the transmitters I noticed
were putting out as much as 600 kW!

And on average, how far should a 50kW MW transmitter be able to transmit a
signal under normal conditions?

--
Ted <fedya at bestweb dot net>
Lisa, if you don?t like your job you don?t strike.  You just go in there