Re: [Swprograms] European MW broadcaster sites [non]

Re: [Swprograms] European MW broadcaster sites [non]

> Broadcasting developed in a totally different way in Europe, initially almost
> all government-controlled national stations and networks, and with smaller
> countries only a few (or even only one) high-power transmitter could cover an
> entire country. The growth of private broadcasting in Europe has mostly been on
> the extremely clogged FM band. Here`s an online station list:
>
> http://www.geocities.com/amlogbook/main.htm
>
> 73, Glenn Hauser
>
> --- Ted Schuerzinger <fedya@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > <http://mediumwave.de/>
> > <http://www.ukwtv.de/mwmap/index.php>
> >
> > I'm surprised at how relatively few MW broadcasters there are in Europe
> > compared to the US.
> >
> > Does anybody know of similar sites for North America?
> >
> > --
> > Ted Schuerzinger, fedya@xxxxxxxxxxx

	Another consideration is modern technology.
	AM stations tend to leak over the borders, interfering
	with neighbouring states' stations.
	FM is local and stays within the states' boundaries.

	LW in for form of the infamous Radio Lux(embourg) used
	to pervade southern England in the 1930s as an alternative
	to the staid BBC.